Dr Fuhrman

Dr. Fuhrman

Sunday 8 April 2018

Cook: Bohri-style Chicken Curry -My first attempt to create a cooking video

Some days ago, I made "Kaari masala". This is one of the tastiest recipes from a Bohri kitchen. It turned out very nice. I kept taking photos as I cooked. I haven't started on the road to vlog my recipes or cooking, but I used the Windows Movie Maker to make a slide show with narration and subtitles and posted it to my channel on YouTube. Do watch it HERE.

Here are the final photos from the show to entice you to watch the video and to try and make the recipe. If you cannot get your hands on authentic dry Kaari masala, fear not. I promise to make another video and will teach you all how to make an authentic dry Kaari masala. 

The whole spices are getting tempered

Tamarind paste - a crucial ingredient

As the cook continues, oil begins to separate

The final product, ready to eat with rice/bread/roti

Having it with shredded tandoori roti
Thanks for visiting. Do watch the video and let me know if you liked it. Even better, do try out the recipe. If you are in India, you will get the dry masala powder from any Bohri grocery shop. If not, wait a while and in some days, I will post the recipe and/or post a video on my channel on YT. 

P.S. You can make the same recipe with lamb meat as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment